Skip to main content

Christmas Cheer

'Tis the season!

The season of cookies, fudge, truffles, hot chocolate, and other sweet treats is upon us. This season also seems to fill up with gatherings, parties, shopping, and decorating. These are all wonderful things, but we cannot forget to stay active and move as much as we can squeeze in. 

I created this holiday themed Tabata workout last Christmas. Keith and I pulled it out last weekend and enjoyed a good sweat. 

Remember... with Tabata, you work maximally for 20 seconds, then take a 10 second break. Repeat this for 8 sets to one series (4 minutes). For the workout below, you will alternate exercises every set (total of 4 sets each).

Holiday Arms and Abs
20 seconds work and 10 seconds rest


Hot Chocolate Warm-Up
- Jolly Jacks (aka Jumping Jacks)
- Chimney Climbers (aka Mountain Climbers)

alternate for 4 rounds each

30 seconds rest

Little Black Dress

- Snow Plows (aka Push Ups)
- Tinsel Twists (aka Bicycle Crunches)

alternate for 4 rounds each


30 seconds rest

Christmas Cookie Burner

- Snow Angels (aka Plank Jacks)
- Jingle Bell Jumps (aka Burpies)

alternate for 4 rounds each


30 seconds rest

Festive Cheer

- Reindeer Runs (aka High Knees)
- Tree Trimmers (aka Jump Lunges)

alternate for 4 rounds each


30 seconds rest

Santa's Helper

- Flying Sleigh (aka supine Superman Back Extensions)
- Christmas Tree (aka Side Plank - alternate sides each round)

alternate for 4 rounds each


30 seconds rest

Holly Jolly
- Christmas Tree Push Ups (aka Dolphin Push Ups)
- Cookie Crunches (aka Full Sit Ups)

alternate for 4 rounds each




Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to stay fit during cold winter months

With the cold winter months approaching, the thought of staying active and keeping fit can be daunting. The good news is that just because we live in a country that has beautifully snowy winters, it does not mean that our health journey needs to suffer.  Why wait until January first for a New Year’s resolution? Start today with these winter active tips! 1)  Try a new fitness class! This can be the perfect way to learn new exercises in a warm environment. There are many boutique studios in Edmonton that offer a fun variety of workouts: The Surf Studio , SpinUnity , Barre Body Studio , Sculpt Barre , Bliss YogaSpa , YogaLife Studios , and of course, Fit Your Life to name a few. Also check out Fitset , which allows you to workout all over the city for one monthly membership!  2) Get outside! There are so many options to get sweaty while enjoying the fresh air. Winter hiking, cross-country skiing, skating, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing are great examples. An add

Chewy Sweet & Tart Granola Bars + the #naptimehustle

#naptimehustle ... what do you do to take advantage of this sweet sweet time? If your house is anything like mine, this is a time where all is quiet and I have anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours of baby- and toddler-free time to get some things done...depending on the day. Obviously, with a five month old, her naps are a little less predictable and this makes me even more thankful for my toddler's predictable two hour nap (knock on wood they last awhile longer!). Some days I take advantage of this "me" time to enjoy a long uninterrupted shower. Other days I clean feverishly. The odd time, I will sit down with a fresh cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the silence and stillness. Then there are my baking days. I love time in the kitchen to create. I do enjoy sharing this time with my hubby and my girls, but on the rare occasion I take advantage of nap time to whip up something delicious. I turn on some music and get started! Now, I do have a tip for keeping the Litt

6 Tips for Pregnant Moms

Hello all! My name is Laura Adam and I am a Registered Dietitian and currently a Masters student studying maternal health at the University of Alberta. I was honoured when Kellie asked me to write a guest blog post about nutrition for this week. Since I work with pregnant mothers on a daily basis, I thought I would write about some top tips for pregnant mothers out there. All pregnant mothers just want to do all the right things to have a healthy baby. However, I realize the world of nutrition can be complex and confusing, thus here are 6 simple tips for living out a healthy lifestyle in pregnancy! 6 Tips for Pregnant Moms 1.     Eat twice as healthy, not twice as much! You and your baby are going through a period of great growth. However, not as many extra calories are needed as you may think. In your first trimester, no extra calories are needed. In your second trimester, 350 additional calories are recommended, and in your third trimester, an additional 450 calories.