Skip to main content

Schedule Updates!

Hello and happy Wednesday!! After reviewing your awesome feedback for the Fall schedule, I have decided to make some changes for the remainder of our Summer Session (August 11 - September 9)! 

You asked for more Mom & Me options, so here they are! We are going to continue with one Prenatal Fit per week, but I am looking at opening a second in a different location for the next session. 



Register here! Space is limited in all classes.

August 11 - September 9

Mom & Me Fit
Mom & Me Fit is a fun and interactive class that will benefit you and baby! Keep active as a new mom while learning how to incorporate baby into your fitness routine! Parents who are active are more likely to have active children, and it's never too early to be a healthy role model! Your body went through an amazing process creating a new life. Mom & me Fit will focus on reshaping your postpartum body and make you feel stronger than ever before!

This is an outdoor class!
Tuesdays | Blackburne Playground (Southwest Edmonton)
Wednesdays | Ellingson Park (Park Allen, Edmonton)

All ages of children are welcome! 
Baby wearing and stroller options too!

HIIT it Mom!

This energy filled class will leave you sweaty and smiling! Bring your Little to cheer you on as you complete a 30 minute workout filled with cardio, full body toning, core, and more! 

This is an outdoor class held at Blackburne Playground (Southwest Edmonton).
All ages of children are welcome!


Prenatal Fit 
Keep active throughout your entire pregnancy! Exercise has amazing benefits for you and your growing baby! Being active while pregnant promotes better rest, lessens discomforts, and assists labour. A fit pregnant body also leads to a quicker recovery postpartum! Prenatal Fit is tailored for the ever-changing pregnant body and will challenge you physically, while preparing you mentally for the birth of your baby.
This class is held indoors at Whole Family Health (6523 – 111 St NW, Edmonton, AB).
All stages of pregnancy are welcome. 

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please email me at kellie.fityourlife@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...