Skip to main content

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals.

Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch.
Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly.
Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated.
Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones.
Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others.

These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance for you in a way that makes you feel happy, proud, and motivated.


We are very excited to announce our fall schedule!

As of October 2, 2017 all of our classes will be indoors (unless it is a gorgeous day and then we will make sure to take advantage!) and ALL of our classes will be held at the Queen Alexandra Community Hall (10425 University Ave NW).

We would love to assist you in finding the healthiest version of YOU! We are specialized in prenatal and postpartum fitness and strive to continually educate ourselves to bring you the best ideas, tips, and variations to ensure you enjoy a safe and effective workout each time you come!

Your first class is always FREE! Our class passes are valid at every class we offer so that you can work with your schedule.

We now offer eight child-friendly classes!
Mom & Me Fit is so much fun! Bring your Littles (any ages welcome!) to workout alongside you or play with their new friends while you get sweaty. Currently seeing a Women’s Health Physiotherapist? Perfect! Once cleared, we would love to work together to ensure you are getting back into fitness the best way possible!
Family Fit is now offered twice a week! Bring your spouse and kids to the fun class and only use one class pass! Families who sweat together, stick together and we want to be part of the organized chaos!
Mom & Me Yoga is now officially part of our weekly schedule!! Your baby(ies) can participate with you while your big kid(s) can follow along or bring quieter activities to keep them occupied (colouring or crafts are great).

We are also excited about keeping our two very special  “women-only” classes on the schedule!
Fit Bootcamp is a great way for veteran moms, expecting moms, and non-mothers to all be able to laugh and sweat together!
Prenatal Fit is the perfect way to learn how to safely move your pregnant body as you prepare for the birth of your baby – non-pregnant women are always welcome too!

If you have any questions, never hesitate to contact us. Please also make sure to complete any required forms prior to attending your first class or your first class back after baby.



We look forward to sharing some sweaty high fives soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...