Skip to main content

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals.

Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch.
Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly.
Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated.
Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones.
Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others.

These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance for you in a way that makes you feel happy, proud, and motivated.


We are very excited to announce our fall schedule!

As of October 2, 2017 all of our classes will be indoors (unless it is a gorgeous day and then we will make sure to take advantage!) and ALL of our classes will be held at the Queen Alexandra Community Hall (10425 University Ave NW).

We would love to assist you in finding the healthiest version of YOU! We are specialized in prenatal and postpartum fitness and strive to continually educate ourselves to bring you the best ideas, tips, and variations to ensure you enjoy a safe and effective workout each time you come!

Your first class is always FREE! Our class passes are valid at every class we offer so that you can work with your schedule.

We now offer eight child-friendly classes!
Mom & Me Fit is so much fun! Bring your Littles (any ages welcome!) to workout alongside you or play with their new friends while you get sweaty. Currently seeing a Women’s Health Physiotherapist? Perfect! Once cleared, we would love to work together to ensure you are getting back into fitness the best way possible!
Family Fit is now offered twice a week! Bring your spouse and kids to the fun class and only use one class pass! Families who sweat together, stick together and we want to be part of the organized chaos!
Mom & Me Yoga is now officially part of our weekly schedule!! Your baby(ies) can participate with you while your big kid(s) can follow along or bring quieter activities to keep them occupied (colouring or crafts are great).

We are also excited about keeping our two very special  “women-only” classes on the schedule!
Fit Bootcamp is a great way for veteran moms, expecting moms, and non-mothers to all be able to laugh and sweat together!
Prenatal Fit is the perfect way to learn how to safely move your pregnant body as you prepare for the birth of your baby – non-pregnant women are always welcome too!

If you have any questions, never hesitate to contact us. Please also make sure to complete any required forms prior to attending your first class or your first class back after baby.



We look forward to sharing some sweaty high fives soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to stay fit during cold winter months

With the cold winter months approaching, the thought of staying active and keeping fit can be daunting. The good news is that just because we live in a country that has beautifully snowy winters, it does not mean that our health journey needs to suffer.  Why wait until January first for a New Year’s resolution? Start today with these winter active tips! 1)  Try a new fitness class! This can be the perfect way to learn new exercises in a warm environment. There are many boutique studios in Edmonton that offer a fun variety of workouts: The Surf Studio , SpinUnity , Barre Body Studio , Sculpt Barre , Bliss YogaSpa , YogaLife Studios , and of course, Fit Your Life to name a few. Also check out Fitset , which allows you to workout all over the city for one monthly membership!  2) Get outside! There are so many options to get sweaty while enjoying the fresh air. Winter hiking, cross-country skiing, skating, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing are great examples. An add

Chewy Sweet & Tart Granola Bars + the #naptimehustle

#naptimehustle ... what do you do to take advantage of this sweet sweet time? If your house is anything like mine, this is a time where all is quiet and I have anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours of baby- and toddler-free time to get some things done...depending on the day. Obviously, with a five month old, her naps are a little less predictable and this makes me even more thankful for my toddler's predictable two hour nap (knock on wood they last awhile longer!). Some days I take advantage of this "me" time to enjoy a long uninterrupted shower. Other days I clean feverishly. The odd time, I will sit down with a fresh cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the silence and stillness. Then there are my baking days. I love time in the kitchen to create. I do enjoy sharing this time with my hubby and my girls, but on the rare occasion I take advantage of nap time to whip up something delicious. I turn on some music and get started! Now, I do have a tip for keeping the Litt

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment, & function Jamie - part 3

It has been two months since my first appointment at Bounce Back Physical Therapy with Jillian Palmer.  I have had some ups and downs with my recovery but overall I have been loving the experience.  I have loved learning more about how my body functions and being able to apply what I'm learning from a women's health expert to my classes. Over the course of this two month span I have had appointments every two weeks to try to find a solution for the symptoms I was experiencing.   If you want to know more about the beginning part of my journey, my symptoms and diagnoses, or Kellie’s journey, please click here and read the first four posts in our series.   I’m going to take you back to where I left off after my last post and share with you my experience of trying to find better function in my pelvic floor and close the abdominal separation I have.   I feel like Jillian, or any physio therapist for that matter, is like Sherlock Holmes, trying to solve the mystery o