Skip to main content

Mommy and Me Bootcamp and Prenatal Fit classes coming to Edmonton in March 2015!

Coming to Edmonton in March 2015!! 

Mommy and Me Bootcamp and Prenatal Fit!





Kellie, the owner of Fit Your Life, is a Registered Nurse with experience in Labour and Delivery, as well as a Certified Exercise Physiologist. She is a Pre- and Postnatal Fitness Specialist and loves making fitness work for your life! 

Mommy and Me Bootcamp is a class tailored for new moms learning how to integrate exercise into their new life and routine with a little one. This is class ensures a safe and effective workout for the postpartum body and teaches tips on how to get your pre-baby body back (or better)! 
Clearance from Health Care Provider required prior to engaging in postpartum exercise. Babies 6 weeks - 12 months welcome!!

Prenatal Fit offers a class to expecting women, of any gestation and fitness level! This class will focus on individual needs as the body changes throughout the pregnancy. This class will help strengthen muscles to ensure a more comfortable pregnancy experience and train muscles that will assist in labour. 
Clearance from Healthcare Provider is required prior to engaging in prenatal exercise. 

It is never too early to be a healthy role model for your children! 

Email kellie.fityourlife@gmail.com to register. Space is limited!!



Thank you to Karmen for creating the advertising and Brianne for the logo!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...