Skip to main content

Summer Schedule FAQs

These are some of the most common questions I have heard regarding our summer schedule, as it is a little different and much more flexible than our usual six-week pre-registered sessions!
This was our wonderful group for the free Bootcamp - May 5

Why the changes?
For the summer months, I wanted to make our schedule more flexible with drop-in options and "punch passes" so that you can attend when it works into your summer plans!

With the 10- and 5- Class Pass can we mix and match our classes?
Definitely!! The most common classes to do this will be the Tuesday morning Mom & Me Fit and the Wednesday evening Bootcamp. Prenatal Fit is indoors, in a smaller space, and you must be pregnant to attend this class. Therefore, if you are pregnant and have a little one, you can attend any of the classes!

Will I receive a resistance band with the 10- or 5- Class Pass?
For the Summer Session, we will not be including a resistance band as a part of registration. Come Fall, all new registrants will receive a resistance band to bring each week! If you already have one our bands, you are more than welcome to bring it throughout the summer months!

Can I bring my children to the 5:45pm Wednesday Bootcamp?
This class if open to all women, with and without children, so we are keeping this a child-free class! There is a playground nearby if you choose to have another caregiver bring them to play while you exercise, but we will not always be in view. 

Rain or shine for outdoor classes?
Reasonably, yes! If we are socked in and a big storm is rolling through one Tuesday morning or Wednesday evening, we will cancel and make-up options will be offered! I do not want anyone losing out on money due to weather! If it is a little chilly or drizzling, we will dress warm and use the covered picnic spaces to complete our workout!

Can I wear my baby to the Mom & Me Fit?
Yes!! Safe and effective modifications will be given . Since our workouts will be different each week, some classes will be more suited to baby wearing than others. If our class is more cardio based one week, I will recommend against baby wearing in order to increase your heart rate more! Weeks where our workout is more strength based will be easier to hold or wear your baby! 

If I am pregnant, can I attend any of the classes?
YES!! Safe and effective modifications will be made if you are expecting. 


Any other questions? 
Please feel free to post them here or email me at kellie.fityourlife@gmail.com !

Check out our Spring and Summer schedules!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...