Skip to main content

Tasty Stuffed Peppers

Week night meals can be healthy, delicious, and fun! Trying new recipes or modifying one to create your own dish is a great way to expand your supper selection.

I love stuffed peppers! Often I use a recipe, but last week I felt like making one up as I went. My photos are not awesome and my amounts are estimated...but I hope you enjoy none-the-less!! This recipe was husband and infant approved!

Brooke was hungry - hence the missing pepper!
Tasty Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients
1 package lean ground turkey
3 bell peppers
1 cup cooked wild or brown rice
2 cups chopped veggies of your choice (I used sweet peppers, tomatoes, and carrots)
1 cup pineapple salsa
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Spices: black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne (to taste)
Optional: shredded cheese




Directions
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Brown ground turkey on stove. You may choose to add some spices as turkey is cooking.
3) While turkey is cooking, slice bell peppers in half and seed. Place six halves in a lightly oiled baking dish.
4) Chop desired vegetables.
5) Once turkey is cooked, add cooked rice, chopped vegetables, salsa, spices, and half of broth. Mix until well combined.
Combine mixture
6) Stuff each half pepper with mixture until all is used. If you have extra, you can place it around the peppers in the baking dish.

Stuff peppers with mixture

7) Pour remaining broth in baking dish.
8) Optional: sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each pepper, as desired.
9) Place baking dish in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until peppers are soft, mixture is warmed through, and cheese is melted.
10) Remove from oven, allow to cool, and serve with a side salad!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Adventuring with Onya

“I have loved her, my little wanderer, with a mind full of wild forests and eyes that await adventures.” - Conny Cernik As an active mom, my girls have both spent a lot of time in a baby carrier. With our first daughter, Brooke (now three years old), we used a soft structured carrier (SSC) often for neighborhood walks, grocery shopping, adventures in the mountains, airplanes, and occasionally tasks around the house. When Mikah (now 10 months old) came along, the carrier became an extremely important part of my life! With a busy toddler to play with, snacks and meals to prepare, a house to [attempt to] keep clean and tidy, and a Little who wanted lots of snuggles (as newborns should!) “baby wearing” as it is called became part of my daily life. I am fortunate to have two girls who enjoy being “worn”, as it makes “mom life” easier with access to both hands and also makes adventuring a ton of fun! Finding a baby carrier that works for your body and that is equally comfor...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...