Tasty and Healthy Treats!
What a beautiful week it has been! Sunny and warm.. Keith and I have tried to get outside after work as much as possible and we are looking forward to more sun this weekend!
I spent some time last weekend preparing some healthy treats for our lunches, or just to have on hand when we need a little boost! These all keep well in the freezer, so making big batches all at once saves time and helps keep you on track for eating well.
Here are three of the recipes we tried and are loving them so far this week! I hope you find some inspiration for your own kitchen!
Key Lime Protein Balls
(makes approximately 22 balls)
- Add your two cups of cashews to your food processor and blend until it is flour.
- Add your 3 scoops protein powder and pulse until blended.
- Add your unsweetened coconut and ground flax and pulse until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, dates, and water. Blend until dough texture.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place in a bowl. Begin rolling protein balls into 1 inch balls.
- Roll protein balls in coconut until completely covered (I prefer to toast the coconut)
- Place balls on a plate or in a container, cover and place in the fridge.
Coconut and Honey No Bake Energy Bites
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup flaxseed
⅔ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pulse oats in food processor for a several seconds, until flakes are broken.
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl with hands.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Store in fridge for up to a week.
Chocolate Coffee Larabars
1 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup cashews
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 TBSP ground coffee beans
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until filling incorporated.
- Spread into an baking dish lined with parchment and freeze for 1 hour before cutting.
- Cut to desired size and store in fridge or freezer.