Wednesday, July 10 Lunchtime Boot Camp!
Another beautiful Wednesday in the Edmonton river valley! We had 8 wonderful people sweating and working hard through this workout...
- sprint up, jog down
- 5 hills
- 60 jack squats (jumping jacks with a squat at the bottom)
- 20 spiderman push-ups (from toes move right hand and foot staggered in front of left, perform push-up, repeat other side for 10/side; from knees move right hand to stagger in front of left, perform push-up, and repeat other side)
- 20 squat with twist (as you raise up from squat lift and bend knee while crossing opposite elbow across your body for an oblique twist; with next squat twist other side)
- 15 full sit-ups
- 45 second low squat hold (attempt for knees and hips to be parallel)
- 45 second plank hold (from elbows or hands, toes or knees - challenge yourself!)
- 10 burpies
- 60 high knees
Partners - Cardio and Arms
- one partner push-ups
- other partner jumping jacks while encouraging other!
30 seconds, then switch and repeat x2
- double leg drop x10 reps (on back with straight legs, keep low back arch flat on ground as legs lower and return)
- reverse crunches x10 reps (bend knees, keep low back arch flat, lower feet to ground and return)
- crunches x10 reps (feet on ground, hands on head, crunch lower ribs to hip bones, lower)
- bicycles x10 reps (lift feet off ground, rotate to bring opposite elbow to knee, fluid motion)
- scissors x10 reps (on back, one leg straight hovering above ground, other leg straight in air, switch legs)
- v-sits x10 reps (sit with knees bent and hands beside hips, lean back, lift feet off ground bring knees and chest together, then apart)
- russian twists x10 reps (seated, feet on ground, lean back, hands together and twist side to side with breath)
- plank x30 second hold (low plank for 30 seconds, from toes or knees, core tight)