Skip to main content

Wednesday, July 17 Lunchtime Boot Camp

Another beautiful sunny Wednesday in the river valley and 10 people braved the 'Climb to the Top' workout!
I have to share this... It it too funny not to!

An email sent to me from a participant titled "40 Minutes After Bootcamp":
God grant me the serenity
to accept the sweat I cannot stop;
the courage to change the shirt again;
and wisdom to show up next week.


Climb to the Top

Each exercise is repeated for 30 seconds (brief break in between exercises - 10 seconds max
Stair intervals are 1 minute (as many as you can - challenge yourself

Jumping Jacks
Squats
Army Crawl
Stairs | 1 minute
Push-Ups
Plank Jacks
Stairs | 1 minute
Forward Lunges
Burpies
Stairs | 1 minute


2 minute break and repeat one more time

Core Series
Complete 10 full reps of each exercise before moving on to the next | 1-2 sets.

Double leg drop (on back with straight legs, keep low back arch flat on ground as legs lower and return)
Reverse crunches (bend knees, keep low back arch flat, lower feet to ground and return)
Crunches (feet on ground, hands on head, crunch lower ribs to hip bones, lower)
Bicycles (lift feet off ground, rotate to bring opposite elbow to knee, fluid motion)
Scissors (on back, one leg straight hovering above ground, other leg straight in air, switch legs)
V-sits (sit with knees bent and hands beside hips, lean back, lift feet off ground bring knees and chest together, then apart)
Russian twists (seated, feet on ground, lean back, hands together and twist side to side with breath)
Plank x30 second (low plank for 30 seconds, from toes or knees, core tight)

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to stay fit during cold winter months

With the cold winter months approaching, the thought of staying active and keeping fit can be daunting. The good news is that just because we live in a country that has beautifully snowy winters, it does not mean that our health journey needs to suffer.  Why wait until January first for a New Year’s resolution? Start today with these winter active tips! 1)  Try a new fitness class! This can be the perfect way to learn new exercises in a warm environment. There are many boutique studios in Edmonton that offer a fun variety of workouts: The Surf Studio , SpinUnity , Barre Body Studio , Sculpt Barre , Bliss YogaSpa , YogaLife Studios , and of course, Fit Your Life to name a few. Also check out Fitset , which allows you to workout all over the city for one monthly membership!  2) Get outside! There are so many options to get sweaty while enjoying the fresh air. Winter hiking, cross-country skiing, skating, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing are great examples. An add

Chewy Sweet & Tart Granola Bars + the #naptimehustle

#naptimehustle ... what do you do to take advantage of this sweet sweet time? If your house is anything like mine, this is a time where all is quiet and I have anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours of baby- and toddler-free time to get some things done...depending on the day. Obviously, with a five month old, her naps are a little less predictable and this makes me even more thankful for my toddler's predictable two hour nap (knock on wood they last awhile longer!). Some days I take advantage of this "me" time to enjoy a long uninterrupted shower. Other days I clean feverishly. The odd time, I will sit down with a fresh cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the silence and stillness. Then there are my baking days. I love time in the kitchen to create. I do enjoy sharing this time with my hubby and my girls, but on the rare occasion I take advantage of nap time to whip up something delicious. I turn on some music and get started! Now, I do have a tip for keeping the Litt

Guest Post: Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy During Pregnancy- Erin Wright

March was a very exciting time around our household. My husband and I talked about having another baby and being 34, we decided to try for another baby relatively quickly after Arlo turned 1. So when I couldn’t quite catch my breath while climbing stairs and teaching Mom & Me Fit classes at Fit Your Life in March, I figured I might be pregnant. It took 4 pregnancy tests, but my suspicious were confirmed towards the end of March – we were expecting baby number 2. Photo Credit: Roughley Originals If you read my previous blog post , you’ll know that I sustained fourth degree tears during my vaginal birth with Arlo. Recovery was long, slow, and at times, really frustrating. But I did recover well with the help of several pelvic floor physiotherapists and some patience. Would I want to or be able to deliver vaginally with a second baby? Could my pelvic floor sustain trauma during pregnancy? What was the best way to preserve the function and strength of my pelvic floor dur