Skip to main content

Fit Bootcamp | Coming to Edmonton January 2016!

Ever since this summer when I offered four consecutive weeks of Fit Bootcamp | Sweat for a Cause fundraiser fitness classes there has been an increased demand for Fit Your Life to open a "regular" fitness class. As most of you know you, I specialize in prenatal and postnatal fitness, however have taught women's fitness classes for 10 years! We finally found a space that works and let me tell you... it is gorgeous! I know that is not why you join a fitness class, but a nice view outside picture windows doesn't hurt when you are in the middle of one minute of burpies!


Fit Bootcamp is a women's only bootcamp-style fitness class, for women of every stage of life! This class strengthens and tones by working the entire body in a fun and energetic atmosphere! Whether you are new to your fitness journey or looking to reconnect with your body postpartum (but want to leave the Littles at home), this class will challenge you physically, while increasing your self-confidence and overall feeling of well-being.

This class will be held indoors until at least April and registration is in six week sessions! We start January 4 at 6pm! What a perfect way to start your goals for 2016! Included in all Fit Your Life classes is the extra support you need to create, adapt, or maintain a healthy lifestyle. I offer weekly challenges, emails, Facebook group, and pre-workout discussions to keep you accountable while providing tips to incorporate into your everyday life.

Full details on the class can be found here!

Registration can be done online here!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me. I look forward to hearing from you and sweating with you in 2016!

​xox
kellie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...