Skip to main content

The 12 Moves of Christmas

How is your week going? I hope that you are taking some time to relax and enjoy the calmness among the hustle and take in the beauty of the snow! 

Our second at-home workout of this lovely Christmas break is a little more intense in that you must (and you will!) push through as many repetitions as possible in one minute, with little to no break in between exercises. You will rest once all 12 exercises are complete before you repeat! Make sure that you complete the warm-up and the core! Yes, you recognize the exercises (and fun names!) from the Gingerbread Cookie Arms & Core, but I guarantee it will be a completely different experience than Tabata style!

This is a great full body workout that requires no equipment (prenatal version requires either dumbbells or other weighted object) so you can do this workout anywhere this holiday season! Prenatal modifications are in this colour!

Ready?? Let's do this!! Once again, if you use Seconds Pro and want me to send you this workout to plug directly into your app, just send me an email at kellie.fityourlife@gmail.com and I would be happy to do that for you!




Hot Chocolate Warm-Up | 30 seconds each | 2 sets
  1. Jolly Jacks | Jumping Jacks | Walking Jacks
  2. Chimney Climbers | Mountain Climbers | Walking and/or incline

Santa’s Circuit | 1 minute each | 2 sets
  1. Snow Plows | Push Ups Kneeling or incline push-ups
  2. Tinsel Twists | Bicycle Crunches OR Gingerman Guns | Arnie Press
  3. Jolly Jacks | Jumping Jacks | Walking Jacks 
  4. Nutcracker | Army Crawl | Kneeling Army Crawl
  5. Tree Trimmers | Jump Lunges Alternating Reverse Lunges
  6. Christmas Tree | Side Plank
  7. Chimney Climbers | Mountain Climbers Walking and/or incline
  8. Flying Sleigh | Superman Back Extensions OR Shrinking Elf | Kneeling Up-Downs
  9. Jingle Bell Jumps | Burpies Walking Burpies 
  10. Reindeer Runs | High Knees Walking High Knees 
  11. Christmas Tree Push Ups | Dolphin Push Ups
  12. Cookie Crunches | Full Sit Ups OR Reindeer Kicks | Butt Blasters

Bowl Full of Jelly| 30 seconds each | 2 rounds 
  1. Tinsel Toes | Toe Touches 
  2. Elf Kicks | Small Scissor Kicks 
  3. Snow Angels | Starfish Crunch 
  4. Sleigh Ride | V-Sit Hold
OR

Prenatal Bowl Full of Jelly | 30 seconds each | 2 rounds 
  1. Reindeer Crunches | Cat Cow 
  2. Flying Sleigh | Kneeling Extensions (opposite abduction right arm/left leg) 
  3. Flying Sleigh | Kneeling Extensions (opposite abduction left arm/right leg) 
  4. Reindeer Kicks | Butt Blasters
Enjoy!


Make sure to check here for our Winter 2016 fitness class schedule!
Offering Prenatal FitFit Bootcamp, and Mom & Me Fit in Edmonton!!

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a health-filled new year! xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to stay fit during cold winter months

With the cold winter months approaching, the thought of staying active and keeping fit can be daunting. The good news is that just because we live in a country that has beautifully snowy winters, it does not mean that our health journey needs to suffer.  Why wait until January first for a New Year’s resolution? Start today with these winter active tips! 1)  Try a new fitness class! This can be the perfect way to learn new exercises in a warm environment. There are many boutique studios in Edmonton that offer a fun variety of workouts: The Surf Studio , SpinUnity , Barre Body Studio , Sculpt Barre , Bliss YogaSpa , YogaLife Studios , and of course, Fit Your Life to name a few. Also check out Fitset , which allows you to workout all over the city for one monthly membership!  2) Get outside! There are so many options to get sweaty while enjoying the fresh air. Winter hiking, cross-country skiing, skating, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing are great examples. An add

Chewy Sweet & Tart Granola Bars + the #naptimehustle

#naptimehustle ... what do you do to take advantage of this sweet sweet time? If your house is anything like mine, this is a time where all is quiet and I have anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours of baby- and toddler-free time to get some things done...depending on the day. Obviously, with a five month old, her naps are a little less predictable and this makes me even more thankful for my toddler's predictable two hour nap (knock on wood they last awhile longer!). Some days I take advantage of this "me" time to enjoy a long uninterrupted shower. Other days I clean feverishly. The odd time, I will sit down with a fresh cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the silence and stillness. Then there are my baking days. I love time in the kitchen to create. I do enjoy sharing this time with my hubby and my girls, but on the rare occasion I take advantage of nap time to whip up something delicious. I turn on some music and get started! Now, I do have a tip for keeping the Litt

Guest Post: Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy During Pregnancy- Erin Wright

March was a very exciting time around our household. My husband and I talked about having another baby and being 34, we decided to try for another baby relatively quickly after Arlo turned 1. So when I couldn’t quite catch my breath while climbing stairs and teaching Mom & Me Fit classes at Fit Your Life in March, I figured I might be pregnant. It took 4 pregnancy tests, but my suspicious were confirmed towards the end of March – we were expecting baby number 2. Photo Credit: Roughley Originals If you read my previous blog post , you’ll know that I sustained fourth degree tears during my vaginal birth with Arlo. Recovery was long, slow, and at times, really frustrating. But I did recover well with the help of several pelvic floor physiotherapists and some patience. Would I want to or be able to deliver vaginally with a second baby? Could my pelvic floor sustain trauma during pregnancy? What was the best way to preserve the function and strength of my pelvic floor dur