Skip to main content

Gingerbread Cookie Arms & Core

During our final week of fitness classes for 2015, we spiced things up with Christmas themed workouts along to Christmas tunes! We sweat, smiled, laughed, and hugged as we wished each other all the best during the holiday season. 

I promised these lovely ladies that I would post one new workout per week during our Christmas break to keep them motivated to move their bodies and continue to incorporate the healthy habits they have developed over the past weeks! 

All you need for this Gingerbread Cookie Arms & Core workout is your exercise mat and an interval timer! I love the Seconds Pro app and share all my interval workouts with my clients this way. The prenatal modifications are in this colour!

Here we go...

Hot Chocolate Warm-Up
| 30 seconds each | 2 sets 
  1. Jolly Jacks | Jumping Jacks | Walking Jacks 
  2. Chimney Climbers | Mountain Climbers | Walking and/or incline


Tabata | 20 seconds work & 10 seconds rest | 4 rounds per set

Little Black Dress

  1. Snow Plows | Push Ups | Kneeling or incline push-ups
  2. Tinsel Twists | Bicycle Crunches OR Gingerman Guns | Arnie Press
Christmas Cookie Burner
  1. Nutcracker | Army Crawl | Kneeling Army Crawl
  2. Jingle Bell Jumps | Burpies | Walking Burpies
Festive Cheer
  1. Reindeer Runs | High Knees | Walking High Knees 
  2. Tree Trimmers | Jump Lunges | Alternating Reverse Lunges
Santa's Helper
  1. Flying Sleigh | Superman Back Extensions OR Shrinking Elf | Kneeling Up-Downs
  2. Christmas Tree | Side Plank 
Holly Jolly
  1. Christmas Tree Push Ups | Dolphin Push Ups 
  2. Cookie Crunches | Full Sit Ups OR Reindeer Kicks | Butt Blasters


Bowl Full of Jelly
| 30 seconds each | 2 rounds
  1. Tinsel Toes | Toe Touches 
  2. Elf Kicks | Small Scissor Kicks 
  3. Snow Angels | Starfish Crunch 
  4. Sleigh Ride | V-Sit Hold
OR

Prenatal Bowl Full of Jelly | 30 seconds each | 2 rounds

  1. Reindeer Crunches | Cat Cow 
  2. Flying Sleigh | Kneeling Extensions (opposite abduction right arm/left leg) 
  3. Flying Sleigh | Kneeling Extensions (opposite abduction left arm/right leg) 
  4. Reindeer Kicks | Butt Blasters
Enjoy!


Make sure to check here for our Winter 2016 fitness class schedule!
Offering Prenatal Fit, Fit Bootcamp, and Mom & Me Fit in Edmonton!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pelvic Health Series: Our journey to regaining strength, alignment and function Kellie - part 2

Hello! I am starting this post with a huge thank you!! Jamie and I are incredibly humbled by, and grateful for the beautiful messages we have received since opening up about our journeys through this pelvic health blog series. Amongst your notes, we have found joy in knowing that you are becoming more aware of the changes occurring within your body. Many of you have even sought assessment because of our journey and we could not be more proud of you for doing so. Truly! If you have not read our previous posts in the series, please check out Jamie’s first and second installments as we as my first that precedes this post! Also, I wanted to remind all of you that there are so many incredible women’s health physiotherapists in Edmonton and surrounding area. Jamie and I are both seeing Jillian Palmer, from Bounce Back Physical Therapy , because we had started to develop a professional relationship with her through referring clients. We appreciated her approach, and her proximity ...

Mom & Me Fit, Prenatal Fit, Family Fit, & Mom & Me Yoga in Edmonton!! Our new Fall 2017 Schedule is here!

The evening air is cooler, the sunrise is later, and it seems like we are all settling back into our routines. I love fall. I love the crisp breeze and wearing scarves. Even for those of us not in school or without little ones in school yet, the fall is still a great time to hit a reset button. Small changes in our daily routine can have huge impacts on our health and overall fitness goals. Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to sneak in a quick sweat or stretch. Challenge yourself to test out one new healthy recipe weekly. Carry around a water bottle to make sure you are hydrated. Focus on your alignment throughout your work day or while playing with your little ones. Schedule a class or two to attend every week to make yourself accountable to others. These are just a few ideas, but the list is lengthy! How are you adding a little extra health to your daily life? A little does go a long way and remember, do not strive to be perfect. Strive to find a healthy balance ...

Deep core activation while recovering from a cesarean birth

Yes! It is true! We welcomed our sweet baby girl to the world earlier this month and have been in awe of her ever since. I will post about our birth experience and more about her very soon.  In the meantime, I have been asked multiple times in the past few weeks about my transverse abdominis (TVA) or deep core activation techqniques; how I used these techniques throughout my pregnancy and how I am re-introducing them to my daily routine as my body heals from our cesarean birth. To begin, I did not know about these techniques when I was pregnant with Brooke, our oldest daughter, who was born in April 2014. I had a great recovery after her delivery (also cesarean), as I was cleared to begin upper body exercise with slow integration of lower body exercise at 4 weeks postpartum and cleared to begin core work and running at 6 weeks postpartum. I felt great! That being said, my core already feels so much stronger than it did at 2 weeks postpartum with Brooke. I already feel like mysel...